Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hug it Out

To preface, here is a picture of one of the best huggers in the whole wide world:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/majorb/4188545771/



So, you all know about the Celebrity Top 5 list. That list that everyone, consciously or subconsciously, keeps in their mind of the top 5 celebrities whom you'd drop everything for if given the chance. Admit it, you have one. I have one. It's just the truth.

Well, I also have a list of people that I want to hug. And not just any hug. No awkward side hugs or ones where you can't figure out where your arms should go or how long they should linger. I mean, full out, big bear hugs.

I consider myself an affectionate person. Hugs really are like a shot of happiness for me. I have had to come to terms with the fact that not all of my friends are affectionate like me, but that doesn't mean I don't want to hug them. I'm talkin' to you, roommate! :)

Anyways, I have a list of celebrities that I would give anything to hug. The standards aren't necessarily high - I am a self-declared hug whore. I'll dish 'em out to anyone who's willing. Unless they haven't bathed or something. I'm talkin' to you, RPattz...

Regardless, there's a growing list of celebrities whom I would love to meet in person, have a conversation with, and give a big hug to. There is not a priority list or ranking of any sort...but here's just a few.

  • Julie Andrews. The woman is a goddess, honestly. She's won a Nobel Peace Prize. She sings like an angel. And she single-handedly tamed seven rebellious children and managed to win the heart of their overbearing and standoffish father. And rule a fictional country that's famous for things like pear-flavored popcorn. This woman is amazing.
  • Simon Cowell. Don't be shocked. I love him. He says what everyone is really thinking. And he says it with an accent. I have a thing for sarcastic British guys. Plus, I think he could benefit from a hug after dealing with Paula Abdul for 8 seasons.
  • Adam Shankman. He's just precious. When he talks about getting goosebumps from watching a dance routine, I get goosebumps myself. I especially love it when he tears up over them. He is just filled with so much passion for what he does. I'm also curious to see if he would spin me out of the hug and proceed to lift me in a way that only little Mollee achieved on SYTYCD.
  • Neil Patrick Harris. My goodness, I wish he didn't play for the other team...
  • Zooey Deschanel. No words necessary. I want her wardrobe, too. I feel that after some form of physical contact, I could be in a less awkward place about asking her to give me all of her clothing.
This is a running list. I'll add more to it as I remember them. (I've been keeping this list for years and never written it down. That's more or less the entire point of this entry...for my personal benefit, not yours.)

Oh, and Taylor Lautner, Joshua Jackson, John Krasinski, George Clooney, and Hugh Dancy.

You know you were curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment