Let it be known that I have an addictive personality. No, not in a sense that once you meet me, you can't get enough of me. (Though I'd like to believe that's true to a point) I mean that once I find something new to enjoy, I get very quickly and very easily hooked. Cinnamon Sugar Mochas? Thanks, Jittery Joes. I now have to include a weekly coffee allowance in my budget because I can't make it without my caffeine. Harry Potter? JK, now I can't help but mutter "accio" under my breath and attempt to summon the remote when I'm too lazy to lean forward 2 feet to pick it up. Twilight? Oh, dear God, I didn't even have a chance.
I even hated Twitter to begin with, and now I'm totally that girl that feels the need to tweet when I stub my toe or even (God forbid) decide to "sit...on the...patio..."
So, new thing. Let's try blogging!
I re-read some old xanga posts this week (No, really...one day I'll post about a typical day at work for me, and you will feel my pain and boredom.) "Blogging" for me used to be "and then I did this, and then I hung out with so-and-so,and then this funny thing happened, OMG, BFF, LOL, etc etc"
Not to pull the whole "post-adolescent idealistic phase" holier-than-thou bit, but seriously- Present-Me got really annoyed with Past-Me. And I'm allowed to be holier than my younger self, I've experienced more life and earned the right.
Not that I necessarily know more than that giggly girl (Cuz, let's face it, I'm almost 24 and in graduate school but still listening to my New Moon audio books on my iPod)...but I do feel like I've at least grown up a BIT since my last xanga post (which I think had something to do with watching America's Next Top Model in Snelling? Ugh)
So, in this new attempt at blogging, I can update people on my life but hopefully in a more interesting and less "look at all the cool people I get to hang out with and maybe you might think I'm cooler because of it" kind of way.
And seriously, sometimes (just sometimes), my musings can actually be amusing.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment